Autumn Equinox is a time of year when the sunshines the exact same amount as the it is dark. From now until winter solstice the days will slowly become shorter. This time of year is very rooted with colorful which is why it is known for its harvest and abundance.
Mabon Celebrates- Harvest, Aging, Death, Instability, Abundance, Trust.
Energies– Reflection and Meditation.
Cast Spells– Balance, Protection, Balance, Trust, and Abundance.
Alter Symbols– Fruits/Nuts, Pine Cones, Leaves, Branches, Earth Elements.
Herbs-Rue, Yarrow, Rosemary, Marigold, Walnut, Saffron, Sunflower, Rose, Oak, Saffron and Chamomile.
Incense-Cinnamon, Sage, Pine, Fern Merigold, Rose, Amber, Frankincense and Myrhh.
Crystals- Carnelian, Amber, Aventurine, Citrine, Desert Jasper and Sunstone.
Mabon Oil-Grapeseed Oil, Cedar oil, Rosemary oil, Patchouli oil, Dried Marigold and 1 Apple seed.
Mabon Spell Checklist
1. Clarity of intention. What is your intention this Autumn Equinox?
2. Set up your alter. Make sure to incorporate all four elements (fire, air, water and earth.) Adding any herbs, pictures, incense, symbols and crystals you want to use.
3.Chose a candle that represents your intention for example I will be using a yellow candle calling forth healing energy and prosperity. Before lighting the candle do a short meditation with it embodying your mantra or intention. When you feel complete, light the candle and do not burn out.
4. Call on all four directions and welcome energies from the north, south, east and west.
5. Start to draw attention to your breath, following each inhale and exhale gently. When you are ready ask yourself how you can bring in more balance? What are you holding on to that may no longer serve you? Are you experiencing any polarities? What is each side saying? What does each side need? What has come into fruition? What has not? What have you manifested? And what has not?
6. Journal your experience and whatever came up for you during your meditation. Make a list of 5 things you have to focus on . Find objects that remind you of these things and add them to your alter.
7. Pull out you Tarot Cards and do a reading with one of the questions above.
8. Journal you’re reading and more specially how you are feeling in your body with each card. Compare your cards with your answers from the above meditation and keep journaling!
Happy Mabon! Balance and Reflection.